Most of the heritage-protected 80 year old Paxie’s Building in Napier was retained in the creation of a pedestrian mall linking central city shopping with Marine Parade.
The building fronting Hastings Street was originally built in the Spanish Mission style after the 1931 Napier earthquake and housed the closed Paxie’s Cafe and Tudor Antiques.
Construction is now complete with the official opening held in September 2013, and we could not be happier with the results. The new premises accommodate four new tenancies, only one of which is yet to be let.
The premises were sold prior to completion.