HEALTH & SAFETY
Our commitment to healthy people in safe and productive work
Wallace Development Company Limited is committed to conducting all operations in a safe and reliable manner in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015. We are dedicated to developing skills, awareness and effective practices to ensure all employees and sub-contractors working for Wallace Development Company Limited are healthy and safe.
We are committed to maintaining and providing a healthy and safe workplace, for all our employees, contractors, customers, and the community in the vicinity of where we are working.
Wallace Development Company Limited has updated its health, safety & environment (HSE) management system, to minimise the chance of injury and illness among workers, customers and the public, whilst endeavouring to protect the environment. This is accomplished through identifying, assessing, and controlling risks.
To achieve this, we have invested in systems and processes to achieve improved practise on activities related to HSE.
Our goal is to ensure our workplace is a safe and enjoyable place to work and undertake business. We want to ensure our workers and the needs of others, are given the highest level of protection from workplace HSE risks. We believe protecting the well-being of our employees and the communities we operate in is the right thing to do.
We value our Employees and Contractors, and we are committed to ensuring all persons and workplaces are safe and secure from injury, illness and disease. Our employees and contractors are committed to continual safety improvement, with the goal of zero work related injuries.
With this commitment and desire, we believe that our commitment to health, safety and the environment will make our organisation stronger and a great place of work.
Health and Safety Policy Statement
Wallace Development Company Limited is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for all employees, volunteers, managers, contractors, customers and people in the vicinity of where we are working.
Health and safety is everyone’s business, and everyone is expected to share in our commitment to avoid all accidents and incidents, which may cause personal injury, property damage, illness or loss of any kind. Every person is expected to act safely at all times to ensure their own welfare and that of their fellow workers and others in the workplace.
We will ensure the safety of workers by:
- Providing and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Providing facilities for health and safety.
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is safe.
- Ensuring all workers and other people at (or in the vicinity) of the place of work are not exposed to unmanaged or uncontrolled hazards.
- Developing and implementing emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Setting health and safety objectives and performance criteria for management.
- Encouraging accurate and timely reporting and recording of all incidents and injuries.
- Investigating all reported incidents and injuries to identify all contributing factors and, where appropriate, formulating plans for corrective action.
- Actively encouraging the early reporting of any pain or discomfort.
- Ensuring that all workers are made aware of the hazards and associated risks in their work areas and are adequately trained so they can carry out their duties in a safe manner.
- Encouraging worker consultation and participation in all health and safety matters.
- Promoting a system of continuous improvement, including annual reviews of policies and procedures.
To achieve this, we will:
- Systematically identify all hazards and control the associated risks in our workplace. Where there are significant risks we will take, so far as is reasonably practicable, steps to control the risks to prevent any injury, adverse health effects or damage.
- Inform all workers of these hazards, the associated risks and the controls.
- Ensure all employees are properly trained and supervised until they are assessed as being competent, including an induction process for new employees.
- Inform all workers of emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Record incidents, near misses and accidents in our workplace, and take reasonably practicable steps to prevent these events from happening.
- Carry out necessary workplace exposure and/or health monitoring.
- Carry out planned self-inspections to monitor health and safety issues.
- Measure our improvements through setting measurable objectives and targets aimed at the reduction of risk and the elimination of work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Ensure all workers are given reasonable opportunities to participate effectively in ongoing processes for the improvement of health and safety in our workplace.
17 Napier Road,
P O Box 8528,
Havelock North, 4130